Table of Contents Show
Water is no doubt the most important substance we have on this planet. This compound made up of two elements (Hydrogen and Oxygen) and three atoms (2 of Hydrogen and 1 of Oxygen – H2O) is probably the most important reason we are able to live a healthy life on earth.
Water makes up 70% of the earth’s composition; of that 70%, 97% water is salt water whereas the remaining 3% is fresh water. Water is available to us in the form of solid, liquid or gas but of the percentage of fresh water that is available to us, only 0.3% is in liquid form on the earth’s surface.
60% of our body is composed of water. This water is required to carry out important biological processes. Without drinking constant amount of water we may die from thirst as our body may not be able to carry out biological functions without it.
It is thus very crucial for us to consume a good amount of water on a daily basis and remain hydrated. On average, a male must consume 2 liters (68oz) and females should consume 1.6 Liters (55oz) of water daily.
It is not just important to drink water but it is also important to drink fresh, pure and unpolluted water. Currently the world only has 0.003% unpolluted water available.
Countries are now actively working on providing equitable distribution of water. They are also working on increasing the quality of water because most of the water people drink today is not considered ‘pure’ according to WHO standards.
It has become necessary to provide clean and fresh tap water to home at an affordable cost. Water management and purification and proper provision can easily be done by strong economies of the world, however the developing countries and the third world countries still are lacking behind in these efforts due to various reasons nonetheless efforts are being made.
Even with a lot of difficulties and hurdles some countries have been able to achieve an impressive amount of water purity and their process and experience can be used by other countries to achieve the same results.
In addition; I would recommend you watch this video below where Mr. David goes to find the artificially produced purest water on Earth. Pay close attention to where the woman he interviews mentions why you shouldn’t drink that kind of ultra-pure water for long-term.
Countries with the cleanest water in the world:
The countries with the cleanest water are mostly the European nations such as Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, and Norway. Canada due to their strict laws and regulation regarding water also makes it one of the countries with the best clean water.
Most of the countries have been able to achieve fresh clean water due to water purification and treatment procedures, good engagement of the community in achieving this result and high awareness rate.
It is claimed that Denmark has better tap water than bottled water. The lakes of Sweden are considered to have the most crystal clear water in the world. But it’s sad to say that most of the countries with clean water have artificially clean water and according to scientists naturally clean water is rare to find.
Where is the World’s purest water found?
1. Puerto Williams in Santiago Chile:
Extensive research carried out by University of North Texas, University of Magallanes and University of Chile concluded that Puerto Williams has “the purest water on the planet.” There is absolutely no trace of pollution in the water which is remarkable in this day and age.
Puerto Williams is a town in Chile located in Magallanes region. It has a meager population of 2,500 and is dubbed as the most southernmost city in the world. The town got its name from Captain John Williams. The city earns most of its income through tourism.
So far no area has able to record the level of water purity at Puerto Williams in Santiago, Chile, and much of the reason is due to its good geographical position on earth.
2. Crater Lake, United States
The 1,943ft-deep Crater Lake, located in Oregon, was formed 7,700 years ago when the volcano Mount Mazama collapsed after a huge eruption. The US national park service’s state it to be the largest body of clean water in the world. Crater Lake is fed mostly by rainfall and snow. No rivers, lakes or streams flow into it hence there is no chance of it for being contaminated by other sources. The strong vibrant colors of the lake show the purity and clarity of the lake. The vibrant appearance of Crater Lake in Oregon allows photographers to capture stunning images of the lake.
3. Springwater in Canada
Springwater is a small village located near Toronto, Canada. According to a study, water in the Springwater in Canada has five times less lead than the cleanest ice crystals in the artic.
This is a very impressive feat considering the date of artic samples is about 5000-8000 years old whereas the samples from Springwater are just 50 years old.